A 2nd storey of a mosque was gutted in an overnight blaze in Bandipora district of north Kashmir.
Reports reaching GNS said that the fire broke out inside the 2nd storey of Al-Noor Masjid at main town Bandipora last night.
However, fire tenders were pressed into service to douse off the fire which was later brought under control with help of locals. In the mishap, the masjid’s 2nd story gutted completely, they said.
A police officer also confirmed the incident and said that the cause of fire is beleived to be electrical short circuit.
The officer, however said that police has taken cognizance of the incident and initiated further investigations in this regard. (GNS)